Friday, October 7, 2011

L'shana tova

In light of the Jewish high holy days, I will post a blog about Judaism. I have identified with the Jewish faith my entire life and hope to stay inscribed in the book of life. Of course, we as humans are not infallible, so the repentance for our sins is important for us. To ask for forgiveness is paramount, but it is even more important to forgive and release. When you aspire to let your ego settle down, you are in turn releasing a burden from your soul.

I know that this Yom Kippur, I have some things that I have done that I am not proud of. I know that I need to use my judgment to see whom I must ask for forgiveness. Honestly, sometimes the best type of forgiveness is to let go of destructive forces in your life: people, places, and things. Specifically, all of these things pertained to my last job at South Beach Psychiatric Center. To be diplomatic about my experience there was difficult, but I will try. I encountered people who were not compassionate individuals. They were people who even demanded that everybody else be compassionate to them, but no reciprocity existed when the tables turned. My mission for this Yom Kippur is to release these bitter feelings I have possessed for the past five months. It has eaten away at me for quite some time.

To anybody who happens upon this blog and is going to be fasting tonight and tomorrow, please have a blessed Yom Kippur, and may all of us be inscribed in the Book of Life this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment