Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11 Prayers

To everything there is a season,

a time for every purpose under the sun.

A time to be born and a time to die;

a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

a time to kill and a time to heal ...

a time to weep and a time to laugh;

a time to mourn and a time to dance ...

a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;

a time to lose and a time to seek;

a time to rend and a time to sew;

a time to keep silent and a time to speak;

a time to love and a time to hate;

a time for war and a time for peace.



ecclesiastes 3:1-8



-----





In the house made of dawn.

In the story made of dawn.

On the trail of dawn.

O, Talking God.

His feet, my feet, restore.

His limbs, my limbs, restore.

His body, my body, restore.

His voice, my voice, restore.

His plumes, my plumes, restore.

With beauty before him, with beauty before me.

With beauty behind him, with beauty behind me.

With beauty above him, with beauty above me.

With beauty below him, with beauty below me.

With beauty around him, with beauty around me.

With pollen beautiful in his voice,

With pollen beautiful in my voice.

It is finished in beauty.

It is finished in beauty.

In the house of evening light.

From the story made of evening light.

On the trail of evening light.

american indian - navajo



-----





To our Gods of old, we bless the ground

that you tread in search of our freedom!

We bless your presence in our lives and in our hearts!

Take of this offering to your delight,

and be filled with our prayers of thanksgiving!

May our lives remain as full as our hearts on this day!

yoruban - africa



-----





You are the peace of all things calm

You are the place to hide from harm

You are the light that shines in dark

You are the heart's eternal spark

You are the door that's open wide

You are the guest who waits inside

You are the stranger at the door

You are the calling of the poor

You are my Lord and with me still

You are my love, keep me from ill

You are the light, the truth, the way

You are my Saviour this very day.

you are god - celtic oral tradition - 1st millennium



-----





O love, O pure deep love, be here, be now.

Be all; worlds dissolve into your stainless endless radiance,

Frail living leaves burn with you brighter than cold stars;

Make me your servant, your breath, your core.

sufi mystic - jelaluddin rumi - 13th century



-----





May all beings have happiness and the causes of happiness;

May all be free from sorrow and the causes of sorrow;

May all never be separated from the sacred happiness which is sorrowless;

And may all live in equanimity, without too much attachment and too much aversion,

And live believing in the equality of all that lives.

traditional buddhist prayer



-----



Om namah shivaya! Om namah shivaya! Om namah shivaya!



Oh Almighty! We all pray to you!

shiv mahima - sacred hindu mantra



-----



Elohai neshama sh’natata bi tehorah hi. Elohai neshama sh’natata bi tehorah hi. Elohai neshama sh’natata bi tehorah hi.



My God, the soul You have put in me is pure.

hebrew meditation

No comments:

Post a Comment