Monday, March 12, 2012

If you have lost your way...

...you might want to read this blog. Admittedly, I have been going through quite a bit in my personal life. As a result, I have been suffering from depression. On many occasions, I feel like I have lost my way. Sometimes, it can be difficult to be inspirational when you are going through the motions. I don't want to go into details as to why I have been feeling this way, but the stress in my life is insurmountable.

For those who know what I am going through, I thank them for exposing me to the light. There have been many times where I became reclusive and barely left the house. There have also been times where I lost the urge to write. Of course, writing this blog sometimes feels like a chore when you feel like you are at a dead end. Dealing with my depression has been difficult over these past couple of months. Admittedly, there are times where I lose interest in my appearance and even my hygiene. This is mainly due to me losing my will to be productive. I have dealt with depression my entire life. On certain occasions, it is easier to deal with, and on other occasions, I have reached my breaking point and even attempted suicide on more than one occasion. It has caused me to have some serious issues with drinking in the past. Thankfully, after spending two years sober, I have kept it under control and can be responsible.

If I were to offer some advice, people who suffer from depression need people with whom they can be open. Granted, it helps to have a therapist, but people need friends to lean on sometimes. The conversations we have with people can oftentimes lift us out of these hopeless states into which we fall. I am planning on entering something called reconnective therapy. Once I learn more about it, I will post my feelings about it and even use this blog to track my progress while I am in therapy. In the meantime, I would like to thank my good friends for sticking by me in these trying times and express that I am grateful to each and every one of you. You know who you are. :)

P.S. I celebrated 7 years of freedom from psychiatric incarceration. Let's keep that streak going.

No comments:

Post a Comment