Monday, January 23, 2012

A little bit of news

I will have a poem published in Boston Literary Magazine in the very near future. I am super-excited about this. Once I find out when it will be published, I will update this blog entry. In the meantime, here is the poem:

"Coffee"
by Jack M. Freedman

I watch attentively
As your sensuality starts to percolate.
You are now nice and hot.
I want to put some cream into you
Stirring it in deeply.
Your spirit is light.
Your demeanor is sweet.
Your essence is strong.
Sometimes I like to whip the cream,
Adding some sugary goodness to the mix,
For these gentle gestures make all the difference.
You make me rise.
You make me shine.
You make me smile.
I engulf myself within your pool
Of flesh felicity,
For you make me jittery.
I ricochet off walls
Just thinking about you.
You put a sparkle in my eyes
As I taste you,
Swishing you around
In my mouth.
Pupils dilate with delight.
Cranial neurons shimmy.
Muscles tighten
As the last drop is consumed.
You are definitely
The best part of waking up.

In addition, I will also have a poem published in the next couple of months in Espresso Ink, a journal based in Tallahassee, Florida. Whereas the the first poem deals with one of my favorite beverages, the next poem centers around one of my favorite fruits:

"Under One Thick Skin"
by Jack M. Freedman

Branches bear blood
connected to the navel of nature.
From Valencia to Jaffa,
seeds of labor and peace
scatter through the grass.
Pry open the fruit
and you will see
no section is superior.
Every section is equal.
If only the world was an orange,
with all divisions united
under one thick skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment